Monday, June 4, 2012

Jesus: A Hope dealer

In light of the season I'm in. Hope is my rock.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)

A common saying, hope deferred makes the heart sick. Tis true, for "if the enemy has our hope, he has our faith."-Troy Maxwell

"Satan doesn't (only) want our finances, or things. He wants our hope."-Troy Maxwell

"Faith is the substance of things HOPED for.." Hebrews 11:1(NKJ)

The absence of hope gives permission to depression, doubt, fear, stagnancy and sadness.

In yesterday's sermon, the visiting pastor, Troy Maxwell, stated, "Jesus is a Hope dealer"

The woman at the well, needed Hope. What she sought for in her previous five husbands and her current relationship, she could not find. (John 4:16-18)

Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” (John 4:13, 14 NLT)

I don't know about you, but I need Jesus to be my Hope dealer. There's no doubt that I am His, but that doesn't defy the fact that I live in a very daunting and harsh world. A world where I have sought approval, fulfillment and security in things, people, work, tasks and purpose.

Jesus reminds us, that it is only Him that can satisfy.

The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, (John 4:28 NLT)

Hope satisfied, leaves us filled, yearning for nothing else. The woman who went to the well was filled with Jesus. She left her water jar at the well.


As did the woman, so did I.

Mercy, hope and love is yours.

Love
Renee Jael

No comments:

Post a Comment