Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Lioness Arising"

Awaken in me Your desires for me and this world so that every individual will know true hope and true love.

Lioness arising, she's fully awake and fully capable of doing all that's demanded of her. Demanded?

She knows what's required of her and what it takes to accomplish it. She embraces her responsibilities. She understands sacrifice. She understands protection. She's nurturing and grooming(taking care of a fellow lioness). She does well with others and is available to serve. She's fully awake of her surroundings.

In each woman is a lioness that is fully awake or awaiting to be awakened.
Lisa Bevere's book "Lioness Arising" and her talk at the Resilient Women's conference at Victory World Church confirmed what I could never put into words. She helped me understand why I had relentless desires for stewardship, nurturing and grooming. It revealed why my heart was big for the nations and why it yearns to see the captives set free. This truth unveiled my place as a woman in community.

I live as a lioness arising, becoming fully awake with each day that I choose to heed to my calling. Not only to answer a God ordained call to steward my gifts, but also to be fully aware of whom to serve and how to serve the people in my life and at my place of worship.


To every woman, you are called to be fully awake. Regardless of the war against you, this life requires it, be fierce and confident in who you were made to be.

A lioness,fully awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment