Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Unexposed Heart Revealed Has Never Had a Greater Meaning, Until Now

Spurred within my heart to write something lately.
Then it occured to me, Christmas is upon us, Write about Christmas.
But I can assure you dear reader, that how it begins, is not how its going to end. Hold on for the revelation, will you?

My heart has been longing to go home, to Trinidad and Tobago that is. Or perhaps New York.
Where the sun and breeze blossom, but most importantly, where my family is. Where I have been longing to be all year. Where parang and the smell of ham fills the air in this season. But to my demise. I am in Atlanta. Nonetheless, this too, is home. At least its what I've made it. I love this place for it is where I have felt great embrace from more than these words can explain.  Family, Friendships, Growth, and the not so good. 

I've been tempted to think that Christmas is Only about being with my family, or receiving that thing I want that will make me happy but I've been reminded to keep my eyes fixed on the hope that is to come.  That hope, dear ones, is Christ. See while He already came, He is coming again. And all the hoorah about the world coming to an end is a big joke when you know the truth.  But I'm sure that is offensive to God. Offensive to think that others could determine what begins and what ends.

Reminded in this moment, that one cannot know more than the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. For even though God knows the Beginning and the End, He also knows the now. He knows our needs, our wants, our hurts, our desires, our goals, our failures, our successes and details about our beating heart that we don't understand.

The past week and a half, the details about my beating heart that I did not understand, reared its head. It left me feeling exposed. And though, it may not have been a bigger deal to everything outside my heart, my heart was still brutally aware of what was happening to it.

You see it was being refined, to be as pure gold. To be as it should be. But I will pause to say, there is more fire to be held to it. You see God wants to use the REAL us, not the FAKE us. Thanks to a message by Pastor Carl of Hillsong, NY, this truth has indeed awakened me. Awakened me to the freeing truth that what's in us that hurts us and can hurt others and it must be dealt with. It can be dealt with in two ways. One, with you and the Holy Spirit or two, through circumstance.  If I were you, I'd choose the first. Unfortunately for me, I subconsciously, unintentionally chose the latter. Hence leaving me "exposed".

Heh, It's dealt with though. Though I've wished to myself that it didn't happen by His grace. I embraced an issue that needed to be embraced so I can further walk into my destiny. This awakening showed me more than I could ever have imagined. It helped me understand why I couldn't go to South Africa this summer and why I am the way I am. hmmm...

A sister shared with me truth that I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear. And that made all the difference. If you are the one who needs to share truth with a loved one or a stranger take the chance. If you are the one who needs to embrace truth from someone, embrace it. Yes it will hurt, but you will come out as refined gold. 

Here is the thing about gold, its rea and its usable! It's unique, has qualities of integrity, malleable (capable of being shaped or formed) and has lasting value. It Can been tested and Can be put to the fire.

"But He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold."
 Job 23:10

Love, peace, grace and mercy
Remember, we are His hands and feet. If the world needs love, then the world needs God. And people my friends matter to God. Every last one of us matter.

Renee Jael



Citations:
http://www.thegoldstandardnow.org/key-blogs/1483-the-unique-qualities-of-gold
http://www-v1.amnh.org/exhibitions/gold/incomparable/properties.php

No comments:

Post a Comment