Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wings like Eagles

Wait, for it, for whatever is coming, surely it is good, surely it will come.

Perspective. It’s what keeps me going. It’s what keeps me hopeful. My spirit has been stirring. Stirring heavily, thoughts good and shamefully, not so good. Either way, I’ve been reminded that waiting; patience, is not a bad thing. The term that has been coined by so many as a period in which they grow, a time in which they learn, or even a time of impatience and anxiety. How ever it has been deemed, the word says, it strengthens.

“Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles...” {Isaiah 40 :31}

I’m not sure what you’ve been waiting on or hoping for, but I’ve been waiting and hoping just as you. My thoughts and anxieties have shattered to deter my hope, but I’ve learned my thoughts aren’t always true, God’s word is. While I pondered on how “I” will maneuver this journey, I was reminded that they days for me have already been written, my worry was pardoned by the Lord.

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul. {Psalm 94:19}

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay." {Habakkuk 2:3}

God, Himself has a vision for our lives. Surely, there have been times I’ve grown impatient, weary of waiting, restless in seasons of growth, and pain, but all the days of my life have been written.

“Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance and in Thy book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them,” {Psalm 139: 16}

Tomorrow, He’s already written. The day you’ll be healed, has already been written, the day you'll wed, it’s already been written, the children you’ve been awaiting, it's already been written, your restoration, it’s already been written, your dreams, have already been written, your success, it’s already been written, your interception by the KINGS OF KINGS and LORD of LORDS has already been written. Just as the day Jesus, arrived on earth, the days He performed miracles, the day He endured beatings and scourging, the day he walked the lengthy road to Calvary, the day He was crucified, the day He was the ransom for all to be awarded with Life and escape guilt, sin and shame, the day He died, AND rose for our justification, our freedom, were all written and carried out in the appointed time.

The days God has dreamed for us, have all been penned. All have been recorded in His book, with Sovereign hands. So patience, as long suffering as it seems, is worth the wait, for whatever I’ve been waiting on, is coming, maybe tomorrow or next week, next month, next February, how ever long or short, is coming as He turns the pages of our lives. And whilst I’m waiting, I’m being strengthened, with new strength, I’ll mount up with wings like eagles, run and not get tired, walk and not become weary. {Isaiah 40:31}

Speaking of eagles

Eagles……must learn how to soar. A mother eagle pushes their baby eagles out of the nest, their comfort zone, that sits on a cliff, time after time after time after time. The eagle, must learn to soar, but not while its in its nest, not while its safe place. New strength, as Isaiah 40:30 says, for eaglets occur each time they've been pushed out their nest. They learn new things and gain new strength with each try and each attempt. And in sovereignty, mercy and protection they are caught each time, they do fall. for their flight does not take off on the first nor second or maybe not even the third.

Deut 32:11

"Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them He carried them on His pinions" (outer part of a birds wing)


As we wait, we are strengthened to soar as eagles soar. To be as an eagle is. To be guided by the Spirit of God and move where He leads even when it means following Him through a storm, for you’ll soar on wings like eagles because you’ve waited on Him.

Abba Father, calls us to wait on Him, so that we will soar, run without fainting, and walk without becoming weary.


Now isn’t that hopeful friends. Indeed, indeed, it is!


Wait on the Lord, Command your soul to wait, and be strengthened.

Still by Hillsong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTT08JGp_m4&feature=related



To learn more about the eagle:

http://www.eagleflight.org/cyberstudies/actions-and-attitudes-of-a-growing-church/157-with-eagles-wings

{filter through this resource with wisdom and discernment}

No comments:

Post a Comment